Come and learn how to improve your piecing skills and use them to make beautiful quilt blocks! You will learn these skills while piecing basic units without the commitment of having yo create a full quilt top. Various techniques will be taught by making different blocks, and you'll want to learn them all!
each month you will create a different block, using units that are 4" finished, enabling you to create 8" or 12" blocks in a variety of designs.
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
You may want to just start with some scraps of fabric from your stash to practice with and learn the technique. Or, if you would like all of your blocks to match, choose coordinating fabrics with a variety of color and tones. It is recommended that your start with at least three different, coordinating fabrics (one light, one medium, one dark). A variety of fat quarters, fat eights, or 1/2 yard cuts will work. If you are using a specific background fabric to unify all the blocks, you'll need a couple of yards.
- The Tucker Trimmer I and Quilter's Magic Wand tools are required for this class. The tools are available at Nashua See and Vac.
- Coordinating or neutral piecing thread
- Rotary cutter with fresh blade
- Cutting mat
- Rulers-61/2" x 241/2", 61/2" x 121/2", or 41/2" x 121/2"
- Marking pencil or Pigma Pen that draws a fine line and will contrast with the wrong side of your fabrics
- Masking tape or blue painter's tape
- Sewing machine, clean and oiled, with new needle; 1/4" foot; open toe or clear foot
- Basic sewing supplies: fabric scissors, pins, seam ripper, etc.
- Pencil and pad for notes
- Small iron and pressing surface
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
See Class Policy in Terms and Conditions!