“Take Four” Placemat Set
This is a really fun class with a quick and easy project.
Most students can complete the tops for a set of four
placemats in a six-hour workshop.
Level: Beginner+, (has basic rotary cutting and sewing skills), but also fun for more
Finished Size: approximately 14” x 17” without borders (borders are optional).
Fabric Requirements and Supplies needed for workshop:
1. “Take Four” placemat pattern
2. Four different coordinating “fat Quarters” (18” x 22”). One should be the
“focus” fabric - a print with several colors in it, the other three should coordinate
with the focus fabric. Include one light, one medium and two dark fabrics (for
3. One yard of coordinating fabric for the backs or four “Fat Quarters”.
4. One yard of thin (light weight) batting, cotton or a cotton blend.
OPTIONAL: 1/2 yard coordinating fabric for borders and/or binding
• Rotary cutter with new blade (very sharp)
• Scissors and “pointy” tool for turning corners.
• 6” x 24” acrylic ruler.
• Thread to coordinate with chosen fabrics or a neutral which will mix well with all of
• Seam Ripper (just in case!)
• Quilter’s pins - I suggest flat head (very fine) pins
Pattern includes diagrams for five variations
Please bring Fat Quarters to class for the placemat tops – not yardage. If you have
purchased a full or half yard of fabric for the placemats, please cut your pieces down to the
standard 18” x 22”. You may bring yardage for the backs, if desired.
wash and iron all fabr
ics in preparation
Sewing Machine in good working order
Power cord/ foot control
1/4 inch foot
General Sewing supplies: fabric marker, scissor, pins, clips, etc.
* See Class Policy in Terms and Conditions