Rope Bowl Adventures - Halloween Candy Bowl
The rope sewing adventure continues with a rope sewn candy bowl for Halloween.
In this class, you will be learning/reviewing the basic techniques of making a rope bowl on your domestic sewing machine and how to add wrapping, an integrated fabric circle, and bowl handles.
The bowl is 12" in diameter with two handles.
Hand out your candy to trick-or-treaters in style!
On the day of the class, you will need to purchase a kit for this project for $35.00.
The kit will include:
- All fabric needed - precut circle for the bottom of the bowl, precut fabric strips for wrapping
(from the MODA Halloween 2023 Collection)
- Aurifil 50 wt. cotton - color 5009 (Medium Orange) 2 spools 220 yds each
- Rope - 100' of 1/4" All Cotton Solid Braid (you will have some leftover to take home)
- Pumpkin button for finishing rosette
- Class Kit
- Your own sewing machine with straight stitch and zig-zag capability in good working order
(we can help you carry it in and out)
- Open toe foot and zig-zag foot
- Zig-Zag Plate
- 2 Bobbins
- Pkg of Denim/Jeans Needles 90/14 and Topstitch Needles 90/14
- Scissors to cut your rope
- Small embroidery scissors or snips
- Sewing Pins - Extra Fine, if you have them (Magic Pins are great)
- Mini Clips (also called Wonder Clips)
- Elmer's School Glue Stick (disappearing purple)